Easy fish recipes
Posted by kathryn in Dinners
Yesterday’s Good Living featured easy fish recipes from Bill Granger. While there are many health benefits to including fish in your diet, people seem unsure of what to do with it. As Bill says:
Fish can strike terror into the hearts of novice cooks, but ironically it is probably the quickest and simplest thing to cook.
If you’re a fish beginner, then why not try one of Bill’s recipes? They include a grilled coconut salmon, polenta crusted fish and whole baked snapper with olives.
Around the internet five other easy fish recipes I’ve come across are:
- Stonesoup’s roast rainbow trout with crispy sage and almonds – whole trout are cooked in a super-hot oven. Takes about 15 minutes to make.
- Joanna’s pasta with sardines – “this recipe is for people who wouldn’t normally choose to eat sardines, as the result is a very mild, though tasty sauce.”
- Haalo’s green curry fish cakes – if you didn’t want to make your own curry paste, you could also use a good-quality shop-bought one
- Cumin and garlic fish – spiced bream fillets cooked on the BBQ and served with a corn, tomato and avocado salsa
- Parmesan crusted flathead – flathead fillets are dipped in parmesan and breadcrumbs and then pan-fried. Serve with oven-baked wedges and a big green salad.