- Beetroot recipes: Here in the Southern hemisphere we’re moving into summer. But how can I resist two more beautiful beetroot recipes? Lisa’s Kitchen features a beetroot and fetta salad, while Mostly Eating has posted a beetroot, sumac and sweet potato salad.
- Snowpea Salad: Much more suitable for summer – Chocolate & Zucchini has a recipe for triple sesame snow pea salad. Blanched snow peas are livened up with a nifty dressing containing the sesame trifecta of seeds, tahini and oil.
- Vegetarian food in the Middle East: Veggie Friendly has always been one of my favourite sites. It’s the Sydney food guide for vegetarians. However, over the last couple of months, Veggie Friendly has gone global. Kate’s been travelling through Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Israel and many other places, talking about vegetarian food from the region.
- The Biggest Loser: Refrigerator Raid has posted about why the Biggest Loser is unrealistic for real people. As the Midnight Raider says “who has time to exercise for five hours a day”.
- Alcohol and your mood: I touched on this in my Mental Health Week posts. In the last week Paula Goodyer has also blogged about how alcohol can affect your mood. In the article she links to the Controlled Drinking by Correspondence course run by the Australian Centre for Addiction. I’ve looked at this programme before and it’s an excellent way of changing your attitude to alcohol.
- Using different grains: If you’re trying to expand your grain repertoire, Bear Necessities has posted a fresh vegetable barley recipe. The barley is cooked in stock with zucchini and cherry tomatoes. It’s then finished off with fetta and fresh parsley – a lovely balanced meal.