- Stocking the freezer: Cassie from Veggie Meal Plans has been preparing for a busy year ahead by stocking her freezer – which makes it easier to cook healthy meals when you’re busy. Cassie’s post includes cooking and freezing instructions, as well as ideas on how to use the foods you’ve frozen.
- Green soup: Lisa has made caldo verde. This is an easy potato and kale soup, common in Portugal. Hearty and full of nutrients.
- Super smoothie: Fatfree Vegan is celebrating the joint milestones of two years of blogging and four hundred posts. Susan’s recipe is for a “blended salad”. It’s a super GREEN smoothie made from spinach, pineapple and mango. With two cups of spinach, it contains two serves of vegies. I’m going to have to try this one.
- Green apple tea: continuing the green theme, although this one’s for those of us sweltering in the Southern hemisphere. Johanna has been making Wendy’s green apple tea. It’s an iced green tea flavoured with mint, lemon and apple juice. Sounds perfect.
- Why you don’t lose weight where you want: the start of a new year and it seems everyone wants to lose weight and get fit. Revolution health has a neat article which explains why it’s so hard to lose that weight from your hips, thighs and tummy.
- Healthier options when eating out: If you eat out a lot, it can be difficult to maintain a healthy diet. In answer to this 60 In 3 has written a two-part guide to healthier eating out options. Gal covers a wide range of food styles, summarising which are the best and how to make better choices at the rest. Part 1 covers Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and seafood. While part 2 includes Middle Eastern, Ethiopian, sandwich shops, pizza and BBQ.
Update: I’ve fixed the link to the green soup recipe.