- More summer drinks: Last week I linked to green apple tea and this week A Life (Time) of Cooking has posted some more gorgeous summer drink recipes.
- The chicken you eat: There’s been some interesting debate in the UK about chicken – the ethics and cost of what we eat. Sophie from Mostly Eating has written an excellent post on this subject.
- Muffin recipe: I’m hoping to make a batch of Wendy’s moist bran muffins this weekend. While the word “bran” is enough to send most people running – Wendy says they’re “gorgeous”.
- How to live with someone who’s on a diet: According to Michael Gove “this is the time of year when strange things happen to your fridge”. Read more at the Times website.
- Has fat become a moral failing: Utne Reader has an article about the politics of obesity. “Short of burning obese people in effigy, it’s hard to imagine how we could stigmatize fat more in this culture. Body hatred is regarded as a feminine virtue.” Strong stuff, but interesting reading. And thanks to Jul for first pointing me to this article.
- Super-tasting salad: For the salad dodgers out there, Bear Necessities has made a flavour-packed parsley, capers and olive salad. Served on bruschetta with a smidgeon of goat’s cheese. Yum.