- Obesity: Fascinating article on CalorieLab about the difference between Japanese and American cultures, food habits and attitudes to obesity. It’s written by Makiko from Just Hungry. There’s a follow up perspective here.
- Beetroot soup: It’s been at least a month since I linked to the last beetroot recipe, so how could I pass up the opportunity to show off Green Gourmet Giraffe’s chunky beetroot soup with kidney beans?
- Don’t know what to do with fish? Why not try this quick and easy salmon recipe from the Nami-Nami food blog.
- What to do with fussy kids that don’t eat vegetables? Freddie and his mum are doing the Great Big Vegetable Challenge, going through the A – Z of vegetables. Along the way Freddie has discovered he likes radishes, asparagus, kale, rocket, courgettes, even Brussels sprouts – quite impressive for a seven year old. They have a Naming and Shaming Fridge and at the moment they’re on the letter “R”.
- Silverbeet omelette: Rosa Jackson has made a wonderful silverbeet omelette. Also known as chard, silverbeet is one of my favourite vegetables. I love the fact she doesn’t pre-cook the silverbeet.
- Getting people to eat more fruit: I’m confounded by this article. While I firmly believe in the goal of getting people to eat more fruit, I wonder if cutting it up overseas, packaging it and making it more expensive is really the best way?