- Being healthy at the office: I’ve been really enjoying following The Office Diet blog. It’s one of those rare sites which provides realistic and real advice, grounded in the practicalities of working in an office. I particularly like these five suggestions for making it easier to cook in the evening.
- Salad for breakfast: I don’t know many people who eat salad for breakfast, but I really like this suggestion. And thanks to Sophie for pointing it out.
- More vegetables for breakfast: Green Gourmet Giraffe has also been using vegetables for breakfast, this time pumpkin in a smoothie.
- Using up leftovers: Neat idea from I Think I Have a Recipe For That_, using leftover pumpkin soup as the base for a risottodrink/article4060136.ece. Simply cook the risotto, stir through the soup and top with crumbled fetta and pine nuts.
- Avocado . . . muffins: Over at Diet, Dessert & Dogs Ricki is focussing on avocadoes. And the latest recipe incarnation are avocado & coconut muffins. Love this idea.
- Eating locally vs changing your food choices: A good article from The Ethicurean on the debate about reducing the carbon footprint of what we eat. Is it better to eat locally or change your food choices?.