- Dukkah on soup: Lovely idea from Veggie Meal Plans on how to spark up a vegetable soup: red lentil & cauliflower soup with dukkah.
- How much ham is in your ham? News this week from Choice that many packaged ham products are loaded with water to increase the weight and price consumers will pay.
- Beetroot & caraway seeds: You know I’m a sucker for a new beetroot recipe. This one from Nami Nami is a new flavour combination for me: roasted beetroot with caraway seeds.
- Carrot & ginger soup: I’m relatively new to Souvlaki for the Soul, and I’m thoroughly enjoying Peter’s photography and food descriptions. I particularly like the look of this roasted carrot with ginger soup.
- Omega 3 oils: Good round up of information on the major sources of Omega 3 oils: how they’re produced; where they come from; sustainability; the current research. From Nutraingredients.
- Speedy Asian-style coleslaw: I can’t go past a headline which promises Crunchy, Tangy, Quick. And the Crunchy Green Things blog has put together a fantastic looking coleslaw of wombok, carrots, snowpeas coupled with a creamy, ginger-infused dressing.
Photograph by Tamaki.