- Negotiating food at kids’ schools: Pizza Day seems to be a common thing in the US, although I haven’t heard about it over here (anyone?). Yoni Freedhoff from Weighty Matters approached his child’s school about the food and they’ve reached a compromise. It’s a good example of how to negotiate the subject of food at school.
- Brown rice with roasted pumpkin: A lovely simple, vegetarian meal from a non-vegetarian – ChichaJo of 80 Breakfasts cooks brown rice with roasted pumpkin, onions and a herby yoghurt dressing.
- Ministry of Food follow up: An interesting follow up to Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food programme. What happens when the cameras leave.
- Pumpkin & porridge: I’ve been talking about breakfast recently. While I like to vary my breakfast around I’ve never thought of serving pumpkin peanut butter maple porridge like The Peanut Butter Boy. And thanks to Christie for sending me the link.
- Fish with vegetables: An interesting fish meal from The Wednesday Chef_. Cooked with leeks, white wine and cherry tomatoeschef/2008/11/braised-tilapia.html, means you’re getting about two vegie serve with your meal.
- Zucchini soup: A lovely and simple soup from For the Body & Soul: Indian zucchini soup. I haven’t made this yet, but it’s flavoured with coconut milk, a bit of curry and some lemon juice and sounds like a light and flavour-full Spring soup.
- Eggs get a bad rap: This week stories have been circulating that eggs cause diabetes and that women consuming 7 or more eggs a week increased their risk by over 70%. But it’s a beat up and Junk Food Science does a very good job of debunking the story. It’s a technical explanation, but there’s an interesting overview of how these stories spread and multiply.