Win 6 weeks of personal food & nutrition coaching
Posted by kathryn in Blogging
It’s Menu For Hope time again – the annual fund raising campaign organised by Chez Pim.
Menu For Hope started five years ago, following the tsunami in Southeast Asia. The campaign has since become an annual event. And in 2007 Menu for Hope raised nearly US$100k to help the UN World Food Programme feed the hungry.
As with last year the money is going towards a school lunches programme in Lesotho, Africa. This programme gives a good, solid meal to children each day – providing them with fundamental nutrition, while also encouraging them to stay in school.
Moreover food for the programme is purchased locally, which provides an income stream for farmers and injects money into the local economy. The WFP also encourages farmers to use sustainable techniques.
How does it work
Food bloggers from around the world are offering a huge range of fabulous prizes. Anyone – and that means you too – can buy raffle tickets to bid on these prizes. Raffle tickets cost US$10 each and can be purchased from First Giving.
Note the campaign runs up until December 24th – Christmas Eve.
Win 6 weeks of food & nutrition coaching
But sometimes it’s difficult to translate diet advice into your every day life. Sometimes it’s easier, if you have a plan.
Therfore for this year’s Menu for Hope I’m donating 6 weeks of online nutrition and diet coaching and planning.
It will mirror the stuff I do with clients in my practice. But this time I’m offering the service online. Through a combination of email, IM and telephone conversations, I’ll work with you over six weeks to improve your diet, wellbeing and vitality. Wherever you live.
So if you’re more tired than you should be and struggling to eat well. Or if you you’re fed up with waking up each New Year’s Day thinking how much have I eaten and drunk in the past month? This could be just what you need.
Instead of struggling through the new year feeling sluggish and ordinary, why not start 2009 with a plan to get your health, diet and waistline back in order?
The code for this prize is AP03. And it’s total value is A$290.
How to buy a ticket
- Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from Menu for Hope. All the Asia Pacific region prizes can be viewed on Ed’s blog Tomatom. While Pim will also be posting full list of the prizes world-wide.
- Go to the donation site at First Giving and make a donation.
- Each US$10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation.
- You must write-in how many tickets per prize, with the prize code. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for AP03 and 3 tickets for AP04. Please write 2xAP03, 3xAP04
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
- Please allow us to see your email address so you can be contacted in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
So start buying raffle tickets now, it’s a brilliant cause to support.
Photograph by Sanja Gjenero.