Posted by kathryn in Miscellanea
- Granola recipe: Lovely, lovely breakfast idea from Vincci of Ceci n’est pas un food blog – it’s an Indian Infusion Granola. Unlike many granola recipes Vincci’s is low in oil and sweetened with apple juice. She also adds a smattering of Indian spices to perk up the flavour.
- Eating tempeh and tofu: Kim O’Donnel at True Slant has started a Tempeh and Tofu Challenge. It’s a week long experiment where home cooks, who are unused to cooking with soy products, can make their first foray into cooking with tempeh or tofu. She’s encouraginge people to take part and will be following the progress of a number of bloggers.
- And a tofu recipe: If you are new to cooking tofu, then I can’t think of many better places to start than trying Sophie’s recipe for Tofu with a Moreish Tomato and Ginger sauce. It’s a tasty sounding dish.
- Quinoa pudding: I do like the look of this Quinoa Pudding with Mango and Pineapple from 80 Breakfasts. It’s pretty simple to make and makes a great dessert.
- GM Food Labelling: Interesting piece from Choice on GM labelling here in Australia. There’s a few loopholes in the laws, which mean not all GM sourced ingredients are labelled as such.